Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Want To Hear Something CRAZY???

Hey, I have an odd thought I want to share with you all....I think I know one of the major culprits causing our current economic dumphole beyond the usual suspects. Ready for something strange...HGTV! What? Follow me on this one...

One of the major precursors to the economic collapse was the bursting housing bubble. What caused this burst? People who had no place buying homes, buying them at cut rate interest prices that they couldn't afford. Why did a good bit of them make these stupid decisions. They were morons who watched dreck like "Total Home Makeover" and "Flip That House" and thought, "Hey, I can paint some walls, add some furniture and then resell this house for a $50,000 profit!" The problem being that eventually you run out of people willing to buy these crappy retreads, and then....BANG!!! Foreclosure city!

What made me realize this is that in several of the neighborhoods in which my wife and I have been thinking about purchasing a house, (Yes, I am the one person in America interested in buying a house) we've noticed some oddities. Multiple houses were for sale in a majority of these neighborhoods. I immediately thought it must be because someone is building a nuclear power plant or meth lab next door, which was driving down prices (sadly enough, I am halfway serious about the meth lab portion of that!). What we are discovering is that these houses are owned by the some of the same people...and upon further examination we've noticed that many of the houses have areas that look like half-completed flips.

What's the moral, boys and girls? Think back to something our parents told us (or that you might have seen in a warning before such masterpieces as "Jackass")..Just because you see someone doing it on tv doesn't mean you can do it too!!! Leave this to professionals and stop destroying my country with your greed!

No comments: